This week is clean up week in my small town. Everyone is tossing unwanted stuff out.
I took a bike tour of H town to see just what is being tossed out. I can't help but look across the street to see what B is tossing out. She has an old computer monitor, an old desk, and she used have a few other things but people come by and find what they want. One persons junk is another ones treasure! There is a lot of water heaters being tossed out. The water is pretty hard here. Washers, dryers, fridges, freezers, electric stoves, wood, satellite dishes, scraps of siding, you name it's out here. Countless numbers of people have put old paint cans out. The trash people have said they won't take them and that we need to go to the landfill. No one wants to do that!
I think that they should have a week where the city, or whoever, pick up old paint cans, etc. A hazardous waste pick up.
We picked up a bunch of unwanted bikes in town. We are planning to refurbish them and either re-sell them for a nominal price. We found at least 5 bikes, there could be more out there. We found an old Schwinn, so we will most likely keep that one.
I am glad that the city does have clean up week for its residents. We still have stuff downstairs that we couldn't part with. I guess we are thinking of having a garage sale someday. Then again, I don't think so. You might see our old stuff in a year or so out there. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment