The cat that we've had for nearly 4 weeks over stepped his bounds yesterday with me. Everyday we have to put up with Mr. Jekyll and Hyde Kitty. One moment he's the best thing and the majority of the time we have to put up with his weird aggressive behavior. One time he bit me and drew blood. This last time he barred his fangs and started to lunge at me. He tries to nip at the kids too. Enough is enough. The cat is leaving within the week.
We are currently looking for a nice, loving cat in the other "H" town. We were turned down once because our dog wasn't current on her vaccines. Well she is current now. So now we have put in another application to get the same cat we have been trying to get for a month. I kind of think that the other "H" town doesn't want to get rid of their special cat as no one has adopted him in a month. They are so particular on who gets this cat. I'm almost afraid that we are not perfect for that cat, for some ridiculous reason in the Shelter's eyes....go figure.
I wanted this cat to be nice and loving. But being a dog person maybe I just don't understand cats at all. Dogs are loyal and loving (anyway mine is). They never get tired of getting patted. They don't bite and most are not aggressive (unless it's a male dog, from my past experiences).
Maybe we should be looking for a second dog! Hmmm... I don't think my kids would go for that.
Stay tuned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Bummer that the cat didn't work out. I hope you can find him another home and get the one that you want.
He will go back to his original owners. Plans were that he would be a shop cat. He didn't get along with their other cat so that's why he was "batching" it here until we took him in. Then again he could live around this area with his "grandmother."
Post a Comment