I know the line is "Gentlemen start your engines," but I am not refering to "men. " Not just men like to mow. I love the start of mowing season and it's early this year. We've had a lot of rain these past few days and the weeds are thriving.
Now at my house we just got a new self-propelled mower. I want to see how well it works. Basically on self-propelled mowers is walking behind it and steering it. A lot of exercise involved in that. My riding lawn mower is in the backyard and I like using that. But the tires need aired up, the oil probably needs changing, and the gas tank needs to be filled. Everything on the riding mower is not working properly. Most likely we will need to get a new mower next year if not sooner.
Sure I do not like the smell of freshley mowed grass/weeds (I have to wear a pollen mask when I mow), but I do like the way the yard looks. Just that feeling of satisfaction to get those weeds mowed down and looking nice. I will probably do my lawn today and my inlaws tomorrow. They do not believe in working on Sunday, so I have to obey their wishes and not work.
I would love to mow at my mom's but she lives so far out of town that I cannot. We have often told her we would mow her lawn for free (if only we had a trailer and/or a truck to haul the mower). But she continues to have someone mow her lawn for 35 dollars every 2 weeks during mowing season. Mowing season will go from now until October...so we could save her some money around $500 or more. But she will not hear of it! It's hard to reason with your parents sometimes!
The times that I hate to mow is when there is a rose bush nearby and I get scratches on my arms and legs. Or near someones fence and risk water being sprayed on me when I'm trying to do my job because of the over zealous neighbor and his pool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love to mow, too, but my mower is out of service and we had to borrow one yesterday. Hopefully I'll be back in business soon!
Post a Comment