Monday, April 23, 2007

Thunderboomers in my area

Now this is spring when you talk about tornados, and severe weather. This is also spring when you hear the sound of sneezing and stuffed noses.

Whenever the weather starts getting nasty here I have a very nervous dog. She tries to hide in the hall way, in someones bedroom, and sometimes behind a couch. She has never liked thunderboomers. The Fourth of July is also one of her most unfavorite holiday. Poor thing! She really hates the sound of fireworks.

I'm not exactly stoic when it comes to storms either. The last really bad storm was a few years ago. We all (except the dog, she's afraid of stairs too), went downstairs and hid under a mattress. We listened to our battery radio and we read books under a flashlight to keep our minds off of the wind, the crashing sounds of thunder, and the hail. We all started to pray for our safety. Praise the Lord, the severe weather had ended. But our neighbors a few miles away in the country were not okay. They had completely lost their house, papers blowing in the wind, houses ripped apart like a bomb had got it.

I like the spring but I do not like tornados. Why can't we have a nice pretty spring without tornados?

3 comments:

flute4peace said...

I'll never forget those evenings in the basement, either! That was quite nearly the most frightened I've ever been! Did you know that the closest destroyed house was within 3/4 mile of our house? Just south of town. Waaaay too close!

It's supposed to hit today again, too, and K2 and I will be in the "other H town" - not too many places to hide from a tornado between here and there! Yikes!

Yes it is 3:30am. I can't sleep.

flute4peace said...

Take two tonight, huh! So who's your favorite? Dave, Merrill or Jay? They're all cute ;)

MB said...

I met Merrill once because a friend of mine was in Lamaze class with him and his wife. He's a pretty nice guy.