Saturday, April 28, 2007

Goodbye to the Brown Bomb!

Yes! We finally got rid of "L's" "Brown Bomb," so aptly named by BH! The Bomb was actually gold in color as I found out today...I must be color blind! It was hard to tell what color it was, I just know it was old! It was made in 1988...that was a great year! :) We have had it in the "family" for at least 16-17 years, I lost count. It was his parent's car, but since they knew we needed a second car they let "L" drive to his work. But because of its age, the car started running rough and rougher every year. The miles weren't all the bad for an old car, but it shook if the air conditioning was running.

So yesterday "L" put on new shock absorbers as everytime you would hit a bump in the road, (big or small) the car would bounce up and down until you felt seasick!

Today we looked at one place and found a cute small car, only they couldn't finance the car. So we went out east in the W town and found this bigger green car. Guess we will have to call the new one "The Green Hornet." They didn't give us much for the Bomb and we didn't ask for more since the "Hornet" was priced so low. So dealing with the car agency didn't take as long as before...it was nice not hagling a price with them. Otherwise, we would still be there (going on midnight!). That has happened to us years ago when the kids were little...ugh! The agony!

Now "S" is looking forward to learn how to drive on this car. I can't believe that she's that old! Now, I'm feeling old like the Brown Bomb! :)

4 comments:

flute4peace said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to see it!

flute4peace said...

Hey, it's pretty! You made a good choice!

MB said...

Not bad for a second car. Maybe S will get it as a "hand me down," LOL! Has a lot of miles but it runs better than the bomb.

S♥ said...

No not as a hand me down lol,I'd rather get a newer car. Lol, but it is a nice car, way better than the brown one! But who knows what'll happen in 2-3 years..