Tonight were some of my favorite shows on television, "American Idol," "Dancing with The Stars results show," and "The Wonder Years."
"American Idol" tonight featured the final 7 contestants and they all sang country songs. Martina McBride, of Sharon, Kansas, helped guide the contestants. My favorites on the show are: Jordin (a 17 year old singer), Melinda, and Blake Lewis (who sang "When the Stars go Blue," a song by Tim McGraw, one of my favorites). I am not a big fan of Sanjaya. He is just way too weird for me. I do enjoy comments made by Randy Jackson, Paula Abdul, and Simon Cowell. Simon knows what he's talking about when he tells the singers what he likes about them and what he doesn't like.
"Dancing with The Stars results show," can be boring at times. They are eliminating only one couple and it takes an hour to do it. They have some singing and the professional dancers do a dance. I like watching the demonstration that Jimmy Kimmel does with his "partner." Funny stuff. I like watching the celebs dancing. Some are very, very good and others, well they try but they just don't have it. Last year was exciting to watch Emmitt Smith win DWTS...he was REALLY good!
"The Wonder Years," is on Monday thru Friday on ION television. ION replaced the old PAX on satellite. I forgot how insightful that show was. I can relate to it because Kevin Arnold's character was about a year younger than me and they talk about what was going on during the time he was in junior high/high school. One particular episode about the math teacher is my all time favorite of the series, this one and the final episode. Both of these episodes have me crying.
It really touches my heart.
It's nice to have good television on. No violence. Just good entertainment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment