Tonight I was watching the "TV Land Awards Show," on TVLand and Kelly Ripa was the host. In her introduction of the show she portrayed "That Girl," "Kelly Tyler Moore," "Kelly and Shirley," and "The Flying Nun." These were shows that we (L and I) grew up watching as kids. The last show "The Flying Nun," J says, "Well, that looks like a stupid show." I was shocked! That was one of my favorite shows. But if you think about it, a nun who could fly! That IS ridiculous! You had to be a fan of the show to know that because of her crazy hat and the fact that she was not fat, and if a good wind came about then she could fly all over the island. I always liked Sally Field in that role. Yep, pretty far-fetched in those days.
Then watching the "Brady Bunch," was another favorite of mine. It was interesting to see how the cast had grown old. I was marveling at that as some of the actors are pretty close to my age. Again, I get this pooh-pooh look from J. Oh but just wait until HIS favorite shows/actors get into their forties/fifties. Let's see what his kids will think about his favorite shows!
My kids make fun of the music that I liked when I was in my early teens/teen years. I hear an old "Chicago" song and they go, "Oooh, turn it to a different station. I can't stand this song."
Surprisingly I like some of the new songs. I emphasize "some" and they would emphasize, they are not new. If B98 plays them, then they are WAY too old. In a way, I can understand how they must feel about my "Chicago" music or Disco. Probably the same feeling I had for Perry Como and Frank Sinatra my parents' type of music. Yuk!
It's the generation gap...it's always something! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Funny how things like that come up. Like when they don't know what a phone with a cord is.
I really enjoyed L's playing yesterday. He has good taste in music!
Post a Comment