Well everything went really well. The eleven kids were wired for sound today because of the party and the upcoming 3 day weekend.
So we played a warm up game. I had them draw a blind bunny. They had to close their eyes and draw a bunny following my instructions. There were pretty interesting pictures when they were finished. Then we played scatergories. Apparently they had played this in Science, so it wasn't a new an unique game! I like to be inovative. So it was the boys against the girls. At first I didn't time them and then the girls wanted it timed. The boys were trying to figure out an "F" country. So one of them got out a book (they were cheating) and the used the obvious answer France and didn't get any points (as the girls had the same answer). So during one of the other games this boy announced "Guys we could have said Finland!" And I'm liking saying, "Great but we aren't doing that one anymore." All through the game this same kid kept saying, "When are we going to eat?" Yep, that food and drink is the important part of the party. I got them noise makers and the teacher got them candy and bubbles. What a party! It was the teacher's final party as she is retiring this year!
We are currently have a spring snow. It's looking like rain around here but in "Mac" town there was already 6 inches of snow on the ground! I guess I'll have to bring up my space heater tonight. Brr! Where's my beautiful sunshine and warm 80's? I want it back!
Departings---Mr. One and Done, Bob Huggins is leaving K-State basketball for West Virginia University. What an un-class act! What kind of coach stays at a program for one year? The sportcasters say of him "what a great recruiter!" Yeah, whatever. The man doesn't even measure up to Bill Self's little finger. Huggins...what a loser! K-State officials aren't too happy with Mr. Huggins decision. They shouldn't have hired him in the first place. So now this fabulous recruiting class that "Thuggins" created will probably be leaving or will have to stay. Nothing like having a team in limbo.
So who could K-State get as their coach? Would Quin Snyder be available? Would he want to come back and coach in the Big 12? My guess is no. Maybe they could find some unknown assistant who really wants a head coaching job (like Roy Williams did when he became a head coach at KU back in 1988). Good luck K-State, because you guys are going to need all the luck you can get. Say goodbye to Huggyville, cats!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like a fun party! I wish I was that creative.
Post a Comment