Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I've Made The Decision (and it wasn't difficult)

I have decided, after much research, that I would wait for my optional surgery until the middle of May 2008.

I read about the prep before the operation and decided that I could wait. Besides, there is school coming up and in the summer I would have my family around to help as needed. By that time, I'll be able to talk to my surgeon and ask him if I would have to go through THAT prep! Sure I understand that I couldn't drink/or eat after a certain time....that I've done before. But the other, oooh noo! The prep sounds WORSE than the surgery itself. Maybe I'm being a big chicken here but I just can't do it. Unless, things got a lot worse and if they did I would be willing (just barely) to go through it.

I can live with not lifting things over 20 pounds. Now, sometimes I just act impulsively and forget something about that. But I should think before I lift. I just have to tell people "no I can't do that."

It's tough...but I'm not.

No comments: