Monday, July 30, 2007

One step at a time

Yesterday at church our guest speaker and our Sunday School teacher talked about how "God was ultimately in control," of a situation. So it made me think about my upcoming "Camp Hospital."

Last week I decided that I would go through the surgery and I have felt absolutely calm since making the decision. I have been put under twice in my life. The first time I was petrified. It was getting my two wisdom teeth out. The second time was much easier. There I was talking to the staff making sure that they would help me breathe better and bam! When I woke up the surgery was over with. When I woke up I was certain they hadn't put me to sleep, I thought I was waking up "too soon." Silly me.

This upcoming one will be slightly longer (but I know once I wake up it will be like I fall "asleep" one minute and the next minute it's over with). My recovery time will take a little longer. If I don't have it done, then my condition could get worse and really interfere with my life. So it has to be done.

But I'm taking it one step at a time...I may be slow in deciding. But I take assurance that God is ALWAYS in control. This is what makes me calm.

1 comment:

flute4peace said...

I know what you mean about having a hard time deciding. I'm potentially in the same boat. I'll keep your decision and situation in my prayers!