Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Roots: The Next Generation

Over the past few nights I have been enjoying watching "Roots: The Next Generation," on TV One. (DirecTV subscriber).

I remember watching the series when it was first on. I enjoyed the actors and the stuff that the African-American's had to endure/encounter. I also thought it was an interesting story about family. Thanks to Roots, I do love to do genealogy.

I often wonder how it was when my relatives met, courted, and were eventually marry. I find looking back at my own family how interesting life has been. Relatives that were immigrants coming to America and the struggles that they endured.

That's the kind of stories that I look into while researching my own genealogy. I find it fascinating. :)

1 comment:

flute4peace said...

My parents each have a book that details their ancestry - both families were well documented. I remember when I was about K & J's age, going to a HUGE reunion at Bethel - it literally went back to Peter Stucky, the guy who came over to America on the ship. There were hundreds of people there. My Dad and I climbed up to the top of the bell tower in the Admin Building to take a picture of all of them. It was really, very cool.