Monday, July 2, 2007

Summer Reading

A few years ago when we were on vacation in Texas, I was determined to find a good author to read. I am a choosy type a reader (Just like I am as a picky eater). The plot has got to really grab me.

So I thought I should read a Nicholas Sparks novel. I've read many. My favorite one that he has written is, "The Rescue." I've read all but one and I have that one but for some reason I just can't get into that last one. I guess I haven't applied myself.

Then the next summer I read most of John Grisham's novels. Those were pretty intriguing. A lot of law books and twists and turns. One of my favorite of his is, "A Painted House." I am not quite done reading all of his novels. So maybe I should check into his stuff again.

My two favorite authors are Carol Duerksen and Maynard Knepp (a wife and husband team out of Hillsboro, KS). They have written a series of books based on the Amish way of life. I got hooked on those at my church's library. The first novel is "Runaway Buggy," from the Jonas series. Duerksen and Knepp have co-authored other novels such as "Hitched," "Preacher," and "Becca." Then there is the Skye series. I also have read their two latest novels "Nobody's Kate," and "Who's Kate?" I know when they have new books published I am sure to find a good read.

No comments: