I admit it. It's me.
I have kept EVERYTHING. J and S seed projects; papers since kindergarten; baby clothes; stuffed animals; a baby swing; baby bed; baby stroller; two non-working TV's; two defunct computers with monitors and printers; 3 sets of speakers; a dollhouse; lots and lots of books; lots and lots of toy cars; wood doors and trim; old wedding presents that I can't use or never used; old t-shirts in general (see my blog on sewing); shelves filled with old games.
Now the computers, speakers, the wood door and trim and the cars are L's so that's up to him to get rid of or keep...so far we are keeping. Sigh!
I finally went through some baby clothes and now have it down to one big storage bin (the stuff I'm keeping because it's stained or I have a sentimental attachment to it).
All of their stuffed animals, I cannot part with. We are keeping all of S's Barbies. Maybe she'll want to make a museum out of them like her Aunt does.
We are keeping most of the books as I have many children's books, my novels I've read, and college texts. But at least those are well kept in my bookcases.
Then there are the little toys. What to do with them? Should I toss them or keep them?
Whenever I look at what's downstairs I try to ask myself..."Now if I were to move tomorrow, what would I keep and what would I get rid of?"
It's supposed to make tossing out so much easier when I think about that question. But it doesn't. What's a packrat suppose to do?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
LOL, that's a chronic condition. I have it, too. But no space for it.
Post a Comment