I was checking through one of my sites where I frequent and I ran onto make a pre-cooked meal for my kids when I am going to be gone from the house. I found the recipe of "Pizza Cups."
So I ran down to my local grocery store and got the ingredients: Pizza Quick Sauce, two tubes of Grands Biscuits, and a mix of Colby and Monterrey Jack cheese. I had the hamburger at home. I get home thinking, wow, this is really good!
I am a label reader of foods. Usually I will read the label at the store but this time I didn't. So I look at the biscuits and gasp, "Three trans fats?!" Nope I can't do that. So meanwhile I have browned my meat trying to figure out what to do next. The idea comes to me. I can make homemade biscuits. I look in my cookbook (recipes that I have written down) and for some reason BOTH recipes were gone. Then I check my "Betty Crocker" cookbook and find a recipe for biscuits.
So this is the recipe for Pizza Cups (the way I did it) if you want to try them.
Ingredients: Biscuits (homemade) or tube kind (if you can stand the trans fats)
Pizza Quick Sauce
Hamburger
Colby and Monterrey Jack Cheese.
Cup Cake tins
Once you have the biscuits made or out of tube. Spray the cupcake tins with a non-stick spray and press the biscuit dough into the cup. Make sure that you have big enough sides (easier to get out). Make the biscuit a "cup." Then spoon Pizza Quick Sauce onto the biscuits, spring meat on the top, followed by your cheese. Bake in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. Serve warm. If you freeze your pizza cups, then microwave them for 25 seconds so they will be good and toasty. It yields 12 cups.
I needed less of the biscuit part and more meat and quick sauce. So you may want to experiment around. It's a great afterschool snack or even a nice little meal (depending on how much your child eats). Enjoy!
-------
The fridge never showed up at my place. We ASSUMED (never assume anything) that they would deliver it down here. Everyone at my Sunday School classs was right, they don't deliver. So we cancelled the order. Also, I talked to some other people about side by side fridges and they don't hold very much. So we may end up getting a new one another time. Either at Best Buy or locally (that way we wouldn't have to pay for destination charges). Thankfully the old fridge is working again and I didn't need it THAT bad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment