Thursday, September 13, 2007

I'm Still Here

You are probably wondering why I haven't blogged since Monday, or maybe you really don't care. I had written about a situation at work, changes that were being made but I deleted the post. I did that because of too much information and I didn't want to make my situation worse.

But that's what I'm going to blog about now. Go ahead and call me crazy now. I'll try to not go into detail because everytime I do, I get tense. I'll go easy.

Besides getting prepared for surgery, making sure that I won't catch any weird germs and trying to get some rest I am working more at my job. It seems that we were not doing enough. I was told one set of rules when we started and a new set of rules for this half. We were being paid a flat rate for our work and the motto was "as long as you get it done." Well, we figured we were doing a good job, if not a great job, as we were getting compliments on how clean everything was, etc. But apparently not good enough because of the changes. So now we are working on an hourly basis. So the less we work to get things clean the less money we will make. I was counting on the flat rate to help pay for bills. All these changes that the church "management" wanted to do was thrusted upon us a week before my surgery.

Talk about stress. I had to figure out if we could make the same ammount of money as we did with that flat rate by working the hourly rate. Then I had to wonder if my family could keep up the same pace plus help me out after surgery for the next 6 weeks or so. I was not a happy camper. It was all in the timing if these changes had taken place when we first took on the job, a year ago, then there would be nothing to blog about, get angry about, and stress out about. But because they made the changes a week before my surgery I have to question what was the motive behind this. If they could have waited until November I might have been okay with the change.

So now I am working extra hours, feeling shooting pains in my legs, but hey, that's okay (not). I guess it has to be okay. Either that or take less pay and really feel the stress of not being able to pay a bill or so. The family will just have to devote more time to the church job instead of me and my recovery. I pray that they can do both or it may take me longer to recover.

Okay, maybe I gave out too much information....oh well I feel better when I can express myself and this forum really helps my mental state of mind.

No comments: