Monday, September 10, 2007

Pre-Op

This was a new experience for me, pre-op. Beside having two children, having two wisdom teeth removed, and another little undisclosed operation (Basically on an outpatient basis), this will be major surgery.

I went to have my blood work done and watched to see if my blood would ever clot! I am not a fast clotter, so I wonder if I will have transfusions again. Then we went over to the hospital where I received information on my upcoming surgery. They weighed me (like I wanted to know that I need to lose some weight), tested my blood pressure (a little elevated, wonder why?), did an ECG (that was simple, simple), and asked if I wanted a will. Gulp! I said, "Hey I'm not going to die."

So the nurse (avery nice lady) walked me through which doors I was to take for surgery and I was done. So the next time I'm there, I am basically admitted.

I told L that I am not worried. I just feel calm. Also, that I know that a lot of prayers will be going up for me that day of surgery and I just know I'll be okay.

Now, if I just wouldn't worry about the afterwards pain and the physical discomforts. I trust in the Lord that things will be okay before, during, and after.

Thanks to the prayers that have been said as of today. They really help! :)

No comments: