Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Surgery day!

This is it! I had my pre-op from my doctor yesterday and he asked me if I still wanted to do this surgery. I had to laugh as I said, "Why would I back out now?" But it was a thought, well, it was a thought before I came to the decision in July to go ahead and do it.

My doctor told me that he wanted me plenty rested. So he prescribed a sleeping pill for last night, which I immediately had to research as I had never taken a sleeping pill ever in my life. I heard they weren't so good. So when I read all about the drug and told myself "no way." I also talked to a church elder before making the decision and we prayed about the surgery as well. So the elder had never taken a sleeping pill either. My decision was not to take it. Doctor wanted me to bed by 9 pm!! Nine PM!!?? I wanted to watch a couple of reruns of "The Office." So I planned this very strategically. I decided to take my nice hot bath, blow dry my hair, read my Bible (Psalm 27) and watch "The Office," and not take the sleeping pill. So after I finished watching my two Office reruns. I turned off the TV and listened to the shower running upstairs and drifted off to sleep until around 4-5 AM.

At 5 AM I had to take my bp med with a sip of water...I hope it was a sip. It was enough to get it down my throat then I tried spitting out the "excess" water. OH, how I wished I could have taken a HUGE gulp. But if I did, I would be pretty sick at surgery. So I'm doing as well as to be expected without water.

This morning I will be in prayer with another elder and his wife at the hospital. Prayer is really great! Things just go smoother with it.

My doctor told me how long the operation would last and it was a lot shorter than I had previously thought. Praise the Lord!

He asked me if I had any allergies to drugs. I told him Keflex. He asked me what did it do and he replied saying it was a side effect. A true allergy was when your throat would close up and you can't breathe....I know that only too well. Peanut allergy does that to me.

I will be sleeping a lot (trying to heal) tonight and hopefully I will not be in much pain. The following day I should be up and around.

Thanks to everyone who reads my blog, for your prayers. I'll talk to you later.

1 comment:

S♥ said...

hope everything works out good! :D