Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Hospital food vs. real food

Today I got an update on someone who has been on a light diet for a week. She is getting to eat "real food," according to the health update. I questioned was it "hospital food?" And the answer was depending how hungry you can be hospital food is real food.

This past week since getting out of the hospital, I have had REAL food. Delicious dishes cooked by the women of the church! It has been so great, a godsend. My kids and L love it. They have enjoyed the "real food." This "real food," is a lot better than what I cooked before I went to the hospital. I'm thinking that the kids would like to see me have an operation more often since they are feasting on this great food. I love the desserts!! We've had apple pie and chocolate cake....yummmy!!! This real food is even better than store bought stuff. My thanks to the ladies (and you know who you are) of the church who have sent things over. ((((HUGS)))) This real food will get me to feeling better fast!

Hospital food....ugh! I guess it would depend how hungry you are. After anesthesia it's hard to get your taste buds working. I had called to get a bowl of "orange sherbert," but for a reason unknown to me, I couldn't as I had an allergy to it. ??? WHAT??? I always have it at home. What was up with that? My allergies are peanuts and eggs. Do they make orange sherbert with peanuts? The way things were made at my hospital I probably shouldn't doubt that it IS made with peanuts. I asked for orange juice one morning. It was a thick sludgy looking liquid not fit to drink. I took a sip...gaaacck!! What do they want you to do? Not get better!? The biscuits, weren't of KFC standards, or even my standards. I ordered mac and cheese and it had an aftertaste of peas (which if it did I would be in big trouble, peanuts, legumes, peas, all the same family). I had L taste it. He didn't like it either.

Now, I've had hospital food before, at another hospital in W town. The food at W. Hospital was a little better, if not too bad, as I recall about eleven years ago. I remember eating turkey and dressing with pumpkin pie....wow! Now that was food fit for a Queen.

This food at S. J. wasn't even fit for a serf!

Oh, it's great to be home! I love "real food," not "real hospital food." There is a big difference.

No comments: