Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Pain

I woke up today in such pain and finally took my pain meds. They help control the pain but make it worse for another "part" to work. I'll stop there, too much information.

The following could be too much information as well, read if you are brave:

It will be a week ago tomorrow that I had surgery and that I will finally get rid of the staples!! I swear it looks like someone had fun with the staple gun. I think I have 25 of them! Ugh! I wonder how these lovely things will be taken out? I've thought that maybe they would have a staple removal device. Hmm...that might be a little to a lot painful! I'm guessing they will deaden my skin and remove them. Then I will probably have sticky little bandaids on until they are ready to fall off. I'll be able to move a little better then and (oh joy!) sleep on my sides. I worry if they would get caught on zippers. I can't help but look at a spiral notebook and think of me now!!

Just hoping for the best almost one week post surgery!! So many more to go.
-------

At work, which I cannot do, for at least 6 weeks, I have had so many nice offers to help us out. But because certain people changed us from salaried to hourly, I have had to turn them down. I would love to say, "Sure that would be really nice. Thanks." Then I could have my family home with me taking care of me instead of work. But because we are hourly we have to work every bit to make what we were making on salary. S thinks that I am PMSing about this. I am not.
I know that not everyone agrees what a few individuals did and that they truly care about us. I thank them for that. But to say that I am okay about being hourly I am most certainly not. If they wanted to change us to hourly they could have picked a better time to "spring" this on us. But it was their lousy sense of timing just before I went out.

Why couldn't they think that things at work would be cleaned if I wasn't there to do it? Why did they think that was the thing to do is put us on hourly? We need the money. Salary was nice, no pressure, no time constraints, it was whenever we got the work done. Hourly however, is a pressure.

I really have thought about quitting, despite the money situation. I really wanted this job and I thought we were doing a good job, if not a great job. I felt that a prayer was answered. I don't know what went wrong.

I just really feel this was the wrong thing that they did to us. I would think that "Christians" would care for one another. This doesn't seem very "Christian-like," in my opinion.

When we first took on the job, I heard many people tell me it was hard for them to secure this position. Well, if they were treated like we are being treated currently I can see why.

No comments: