Yesterday (wouldn't you know it on a holiday) the water heater stopped producing hot water. L started it several times. Kids would take their bath and by the time I wanted to it was back to lukewarm. I like my baths hot. Like Hot tub hot. Of course it probably dries out my skin but I feel most relaxed in a "hot" tub.
So today L (hopefully he called them at 7) calls the local hardware store. Oh brother, that may take a few days to get them to work on things. I call it that "what's it for store." The reason behind this is if we get a certain part, or a certain piece of lumber, paint (no, just kidding on this), or whatever the head honcho says, "What's it for? Whatcha gonna use it fer?" As if this is his business! You'd like to say "none of your business" or "I'm getting it because you never come out when I need you."
Now granted we are not the only customers in town. You would think we live in a big metropolex of a city, or they are the only hardware store in town. The latter is true. They can't seem to either hire more people, or at least get out to your house when you need them. Same goes for the church. All summer long, the fan would run continously and finally the end of August they get their people out there. But meanwhile the church was stuck with the high energy bills because of their lack of speediness.
I asked a trustee why we had to use this particular business. He said, "well they give us a good deal and we don't have to pay as much." Okay...whatever. I, too, would go to another hardware store 8 miles out, but our warranty on the water heater is with them, so the part (not sure about the labor) won't cost us anything.
When our A/C went out last year we called the "What's it for Store," and it was really hot! We couldn't stand it!! We kept calling them and finally I remembered that I knew of someone in town that could work on A/C's. So he came out immediately and within a day or two he was done with it! I probably still would be waiting on the WIFS, to this day if I hadn't called P.
We always have to call this hardware store for our house. The water heater problem or the sewer backup. Then when they do come out (anyway the head honcho guy) he grumbles and complains, "You always have problems with your sewer." Yeah, you know what? I enjoy paying your overpriced bills too! And waiting for you guys to come out. I enjoy putting my life on hold while you take your time getting here. Not.
Now I get to stay around my house just waiting for them. I may be here for the next week still waiting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment