Today S calls me from HS and tells me to make ANOTHER orthodontist appointment. She has another bracket loose and things are looking right. So I make a toll free phone call to the office and asking if they have an early appointment in the 7:00 AM time slot (so she wouldn't miss any school). Well, of course they don't. So they gave me option of 8:00 AM on the east side and Noon on the west. I don't like either option.
I call S and tell her of the options. The gal on the east side office wasn't very sympathetic to my problems. That person is probably thinking, "Hmm! Broken bracket." (first thing, blame the kid who apparently is eating the wrong food) How could you call mac and cheese and a shake the wrong food! Just how soft should the food be? The consistency of soup? Real strong, stealthy braces NOT! There is something to do with the "glue" or lack there of.
They don't care if you are 45 miles out. They think that you live in town. Umm, no. I think the orthodontist should offer us a gas discount and pay for time off work to get her there to the office. S really hates missing school and during this time of year tennis is in full swing.
They are pretty inflexible for a dentist/orthodontist office. They should realize that the problem isn't the kids eating the wrong things, it CAN be their fault for not securing the braces correctly. They should cut people some slack if they live out of town.
So I called the office back again and this time I got the person on the west office who knew what we went through yesterday. She is more sympathetic than the first person. I tell her what happen and she asked if it was the same area. I explain that it wasn't.
Here's an idea for the orthodontist...he could come out to our area and he could spend HIS gas to fix the problem. Either that or be a little more flexible. We are after all being charged a great amount of money for the braces, gas, wear and tear on the car, not to mention lost wages at work. Why couldn't he be open on a weekend like say 8AM--Noon for those living beyond 10 miles out of town?
It would NEVER happen. Customer service has gone out the window!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
ould have went to Argonia. Dr. Small is really nice.
Also only 15 miles out of Harper.
Now is to late but with Jon you might think about Dr. Small. He is only in Argonia a few days a week and in Calwell a few days.
I really like him and I see young people coming in for brace ajustments
D
I meant should
Yeah, we should have started with him, but we didn't. We went to see what he could have done for S this summer and it would have cost more. But with the price of gas, and all that, I should have just took Dr. Small.
I know that A1 had him as an ortho.
Oh, how frustrating!! I don't even want to think about braces. I know K2 is going to need them but between her mouth issues and our checkbook issues, I really don't see it happening. I can't believe the doctor didn't get them installed properly in the first place - I'd be beyond frustrated!
It is not the doctor who installs them (at the place we go to). They have "technicians" that do this all of the time there. I think she was a newby.
Post a Comment