Last week at a church get-together we had red grapes. I asked L are those any good. He said I should just try them. So I ate a few and really liked them. They were even better than the green grapes that I had at home.
Often times people base their food choices on what the color of food is. When I was a little girl we went to a Katz store in Kansas City, Missouri. I ordered a hotdog but I didn't like it at all!! It was a red hot dog. This where they used to call in the baseball stands, "Get's your red hots!" My mother explained to me that this was just a food color on the meat and it would taste the same. But I wanted no part of this. Yuk!!
Another time when I was a little older my friend and I made cookies. We colored the dough red, orange, and blue. They looked awful but still they tasted the same as a plain dough cookie.
A while back Heinz ketchup had purple ketsup, and not their traditional red. I just wonder how sales went for that particular product?
In my house when I was growing up would buy red apples and green grapes. Never did I want to try a yellow or green apple or never red grapes.
Then there are pumpkins out there that are no long just orange. They can be white too.
Does color effect what foods you eat?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This cracked me up. I'm a picky eater, too. But usually it's due to the sound or name of the food - like eggplant, liver, squash, etc.
When I see blue on the bread or cheese, it is flushed down the disposal.
Everytime I see toadstools out in the yard I wonder how people even eat the "good" mushrooms? I wonder why people would even consider harvesting those varieties in their yards. EWWW!
Post a Comment