Saturday, September 27, 2008

What are you searching for?

Since taking on the Historian's job at the church, I have been checking to see how things are filed downstairs. I decided I would do the file system as that previous person had did it.

I went to Office Max in Wichita today looking for this item. The description that I gave this twenty something year old guy was this: It is a folder with a spring type device. You put the documents in the fold and it clamps down on it.

I hadn't seen this type of folder or whatever for a LONG time. I wasn't even sure if they even made this anymore. It seems to me that I had one in my possession back when I was still in high school or maybe college. While in Office Max, I saw the the plastic theme covers with the sliding binders and said, "Oh I remember using a lot of these when I was in high school." (Actually it was college when they came out with this "technology.") The young twenty something guy said that he had used those in high school too. I was like thinking, "Yeah, wasn't that like a year ago?" Here I was trying to size up his age, which I knew he could be old enough to be my son! So he searched his store and couldn't find it and said perhaps someone else carried that product. I told him that I would "Google" this information to see if I could find it and IF it was manufactured anymore.

Then we searched over at Office Depot. Still nothing was found. So I decided to do it a different way using a plastic box and file folders. After all, I don't have to do things like the other person did things.

Finally, I get home and keyed in "Folder with spring device in center." Nothing. Then I keyed in "Binder with spring device." There it was! The product name is Acco Presstex Grip Punchless Binder. They did indeed make these for a hefty price of $3.97 a piece! Eh, I am thinking maybe it was good that I didn't find it at that price.

I have a lot of changes to make as Historian at the church. Using out of date office supplies will be a thing of the past.

No comments: