Friday, September 19, 2008

So many projects; so little time

I have projects to do at my house and they are mostly of the outdoor variety. L has his special project which he has worked all week on, replacing our flat roof over our laundry room. It was damaged during the rains that we got last year. The roof needed completely replaced and the ceiling inside needs it too. It's hard to make time to work on projects (if you are guy with a full time job away from the home). Now if this was your line of work, you would probably take it in stride.

Other outdoor projects include trimming dead limbs off of our oaks. I wish that I could do this. My tree trimming equipment is rusty and I am just not a strong person to be able to snap off the limbs/branches. Plus I need some height for this project; I can only stretch so far. Then we have our hedge on the side. Now I suppose I could attempt trimming this. But I am painfully aware how awful some other person did on someone else hedge. Then again, I would need some supervision from L. Finally we have a fence that needs replacing on the north side. But that more or less would be a two person project and there is a cost involved when replace the posts and slats. I am lucky that I love to mow my lawn and another one. I really like my lawn tractor.

The cost of home ownership brings a lot of projects and pride to your property. But sometimes a family can be so busy that these projects are put off until it is way to late, like in the case of the roof. Or the family can be older and not as spry as before. Then you have to hire someone to do your lawn work. Be careful who you hire though. There are a lot of people out there who will take advantage of you and do a shoddy job.

2 comments:

flute4peace said...

We could spend a year doing projects and not get them all done. Sigh...

MB said...

I probably should have titled it "So many projects; so little time and money!"