“I made a poor decision in putting myself in the situation that I did. It is a dream of a lifetime to play in the NBA and be part of the Miami Heat. I look forward to starting my NBA career. This was a one-time occurrence and it won’t happen again.”
Darrell Arthur also had an apology too: “I want kids not to make the mistake I made,” Arthur said. “I want to try to teach them the right thing to do. If you follow the rules you won’t be in the same position I’m in. I feel terrible. I should have never opened the door. If I wouldn’t have done that, everything would have been cool. I knew the rules and I made a mistake.”
Miami Heat president Pat Riley called the expulsion of Chalmers “an embarrassment.”
“It’s something that really can’t be tolerated,” Riley said. “The shame of it is it is an embarrassment. He’s absolutely embarrassed and morose about it. I don’t think he’s that kind of person, and I don’t think he’ll get himself caught in that kind of situation again.”
They might not have had the marijuana, however they did break the rules by having women in the apartment. Kids need to think, and I mean seriously think before taking action (example, having women in the room) before they DO that. They need to think about the consequences so none of this happens in the first place.
No comments:
Post a Comment