Friday, September 26, 2008

Post 600 and my other job

I checked on my blogging and noticed this was number 600!! WOW! That's a lot of typing on the computer and trying to keep things fresh, and I don't know about interesting but at least informative. The blog was originally to help me write or get things out of my system. Sometimes I have to watch what I say because of who might be reading it. So I have tried to tone in down in the gripe department or the snide remarks about, well...let's just say "tick a lock," on that whole stuff.
----
Over at the church apparently they are resurfacing the parking lot. I have been having a hard time to figure out when to clean and where to clean as there has been remodeling projects ongoing for the past 2 months. I am hoping that the kitchen project will soon wrap up. I know the church is anxious for that to end soon too as it has been a real inconvenience for everyone wanting to do a dinner (thankfully there has been no funerals in the church family during this time) or a breakfast or a noonday luncheon. I have been told the end date was the end of this month. However, I am not 100 percent sure after seeing what they have left to do and regarding the mess upstairs and downstairs.
------
So here I am at home working on the church website. I made some needed changes by updating the visitors page and by talking about the various Sunday School classes our church offers. Hopefully this will generate some people to come out to our church and enjoy Bible instruction and discussion along with some good fellowship. I put out a sample page on the website regarding the cookbook and thanks to flute's pic on the cookbook. L took a new picture of the front of the church. I have a lot of information and links. I am hoping that people will give PV a try even if they are just in town or in the area for a visit.
-------
My other job is mowing, it's a dirty, grassy job and somebody has to do it. I have two yards I mow. I kind of wish that I had more to do. I should have lined up some business in the fall when school kids have gone back to school. At the in laws house, I call that the obstacle course as there are so many obstacles that I either have to duck under a tree because of low branches or the arrangement of plants in the yard. I have been known to accidentally hit buildings and once didn't see what my brand new blade ran over in the tall grass. It's like Mrs. Magoo!!

At my house I have a fenced in yard where I have to avoid swings in the swing set and a sandbox that now belongs to the dog when he is out.

Today I noticed that there was a cobweb on one of the side yards. My mind is thinking, "If I could just knock that web down while mowing, wouldn't that be cool?" So I raise my arms (much like a person would if they are riding on a roller coaster) trying to knock down the cobweb. I saw the one huge spider and avoided him. But what I didn't see was the OTHER spider on the web that was lower. I pulled up and stopped so I wouldn't run into him. That was scary! I have seen wasps swarming while I am mowing and I gingerly go past them.

While mowing I wear a hat, old sunglasses (prescription), and a pollen mask. I think I need to find goggles (if possible) when I mow the next time. My eyes take a lot of abuse between the dirt and the grass that flies up in my face. ICK!

I really like my Craftsman mower. It's been great this season. Now, if only I could wax her down, then she would look new and shinny after that dusty mowing session.

No comments: