Friday, September 19, 2008

A Year Ago

I was reminded it was talk like a Pirate Day today. That brought back memories of my first Pirate Day when I was getting prepped for my operation.

Actually the anniversary of the operation was on Wednesday. I remember being very uncomfortable and scared. I didn't like the thought of being put under at all. I do not like the unknown. I was crying and talking to the male nurses and anestiologist. They were all trying to make me feel calm. My blood pressure was spiking and Caleb, a new male nurse said to me, "Don't worry we'll take good care of you."

I had feelings of escape and thought I'll just leave now and nobody will miss me!

Even though I had my friends D (scrapbook granny) and Barry praying for me before I went in, I was still nervous!!

The anestiologist was nice and told me what they were going to give me. I made certain that he wouldn't give me penicillin and give me the anti nauseous drugs. They were all kind. But I just wanted to leave soon, like as in NOW!

Then entered this other male nurse. They took my glasses and I really couldn't see anything and at that point really didn't want to see. He was talking to someone and said, "Hey did you know it was talk like a Pirate Day?" So I thought, "No way. This guy's making it up." So I thought, "Hmm.. I'll just say ARR." I was "Arrr--ing" all down to the operating room. I remember seeing the huge lights in the operation room, that's about all that I could see and then I closed my eyes.

I was still saying ARR. The male nurse said, "Hey you're pretty good at it." By this time I was loopy and giggled. Then I heard my doctor saying that he needed my arm. Then he put on my mask and he said, "There you go."

By this time I was exhausted and said, "Oh, that's so much better. I was wondering when..."
I closed my eyes and I was out for only what seemed to me to be a second. They called my name and I was like, "Yeah, now what?" I was out of room and into recovering. I was only out for 3 hours or so. I can't remember.

So Pirate Day made me feel relaxed and I will forever remember that day. ARR!!

2 comments:

S♥ said...

yeah someone at the football game yesterday informed me it was pirate day so i talked like a pirate for like a minute.
lol.

flute4peace said...

Oooh, don't remind me of those scary thoughts! I was exactly the same way - just really frightened of the unknown. I can just picture you all loopy going Arrrrrrr while being wheeled down the hallway, LOL.