I have been completing a genealogy/church/cemetery/Historian project these past two or three weeks. I have been trying to find obituaries and pictures of the gravestone of the people who are buried in the PV cemetery. It has been so interesting to figure out the relationships of those who have gone on before us. So I have been compiling a book (actually 3 notebooks) with information on these people. I love doing this.
----
Usually I have been picking up books at the church library and think "Yeah, that looks good." Only to be collecting dust at home. I look at other books which I think would be good and think that I will be getting to read that soon. Again, the same problem. So when I saw the new book on "Bill Self, life in the Phog," that was on sale at Borders on Saturday. I knew I would make time for this book. The subject matter was so interesting and S started reading it too. It reads fast, especially if you are interested in Bill Self and KU basketball (particular the March Madness part). I've been ready steadily on this since Saturday afternoon and have almost finished it. When it comes to reading it really does depend on the subject matter.
----
I still have the problem of staying up later that usual on the weekdays. I think the television programers should put on some real boring programs (like on Saturday night) and I could go to bed earlier. Sometimes I listening to a news program that really is interesting and then off I fall asleep. I am always needing a sleep aid to get some rest. No, I don't take benadryl (this is what my doctor suggested). But I just turn on the fan and hearing the whirring of the engine and the steady tick, tick, tick, of it ocelating around the room helps me fall asleeep. If it gets really bad, then I'm on the computer or playing with Brain Age 2. That relaxing game REALLY puts me in a sleepy mood whether I want to be or not.
So is anyone else having a sleeping/resting problem like me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yes I do have a problem sleeping but my problem is trying to go back to sleep after 4am. I know if I wake up before 4 I will just have to get up.
Well I'm not glad that you can't get to sleep but it is nice to know I'm not the only one. Actually it hasn't been so bad lately. There was a period of about a year or two where I would wake up at 3amish and couldn't go back to sleep until 4:30 or 5 and then I could not get awake when I needed to.
Post a Comment