Saturday, October 18, 2008

"Late night in the Phog"--part 2

S and I got through first and I lost the second half of my family. I caught up with her while on the court. We started going one way and then we ended up going another. We found the seats, but let me just say here, not EVERY SEAT was free. No, they had some reserved seating behing the bench, and they didn't reserve it for us! We were not dignatary worthy. We found a pretty decent seat (it would have been behind the visitors bench but a little high up). We look for J and L and she spotted them and we reserved a seat for them. She went down and found them.

I think we need a third cell phone!

Finally we get back together and get our Pizza, Pop and Water supper while waiting for the entertainment to start.

We were entertained by mascots, musical chairs with the Orlando Magic Mascot, the women's basketball team, dancing, and recognizing the student athletes from rowing, vollyball, tennis and baseball, they even recognized the sports medical team!

While watching this entertainment, two girls were sitting next to S and me. The one who sat next to me was really nice. She started a conversation with us and would talk about things that she liked during the routines. She said that she was a dance teacher and that she noticed that some of the dancers timing was off.

She was just the nicest person I had met over in Lawrence. When the Alma Mater song came on she, S, me, and her friend put our arms around each other and swayed back and forth singing the song. I felt like I REALLY did graduate from KU!! :) I am a Jayhawk grad by proxy, my brother is in another state and can't enjoy these traditions!! Anyway, this girl was just so nice, I cannot say enough about her! Here she was a total stranger and yet I felt a kinship toward her.

When the men's basketball part started--- (part 3)

No comments: