Halloween, Neewollah, kids going out trick or treating. When I was young and single I would never open the door on that day. Maybe I was the grinch of Halloween. But I can remember kids coming to my apartment door knocking for treats. Then when I moved to my house the same thing. I just didn't open the door.
One Halloween I bought raisins to give as treats to the kids. I got one child that year as it was unusally cold and we had ice and snow that night. I couldn't believe that anyone would get out for that!
Then when we moved over to our present house I started doing better in the treat department, especially after I had kids. Each year I buy those decorated Hefty bags and fill them with 3 different treats. S and J would help fill the plastic bags. I did them this year. I figured that they would be too busy or wouldn't care to do this. J already baled out on me for handing out treats this Halloween. So I guess it will be either me and or L doing the duty.
I do have a complaint during this time of year. I just think it is so stupid when people decorate for Halloween and yet they never, ever hand out treats to people. If they are going to decorate inside and outside and look cool, etc. then they should open their doors. Otherwise, they shouldn't decorate and it can look like just another house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment