Thursday, October 9, 2008

I Have a Bone to Pick

It's time that our grade school gets a new physical education teacher. Now, this might be an unpopular view and I guess it depends how well your child does in PE overall. But the one in our town needs to go.

I really believe that she has her favorites. J has never enjoyed PE and he has had this teacher since kindergarten. S even had her for a few years up until 8th grade. Whenever J doesn't feel like going to school it seems like it has to do with that particular class. Once I viewed the class watching how the teacher conducted her class. I didn't like it either. Why can't the PE teacher teach students how to play different sports? Have them develop a love if not a like for sports.

J is a good student but he is not this teacher's favorite. She's my least favorite teacher of all time out there (that he has had as a teacher).

It's going to be tough to muddle through the next 3 years with her as teacher. He probably won't be making all A's either because of her. Sure he had a few B's but they were pretty close to being an A. I noticed that his PE grade for the last two weeks has a steady decline.

It's too bad that we can't share PE teachers with A-town grade school, maybe that would save the school some money by having only one PE teacher for both schools. Or at least when they go into 7-8th grade get a different PE teacher.

Just my humble opinion.

No comments: