What season you ask? Halloween? Thanksgiving? Christmas? No. Even though Halloween is pretty close. It's Political Season!
Once every 4 years I get the barage of emails from "friends," and snail mail from certain political parties. This year I got one from both of the candidates. One from my party and the other one. L got one from the other one even though he is not of that party! Nothing like getting slammed by that particular party. They just assume that if you have no party designation you might as well join there's. Ha! I think not. That's why you don't declare one. Before I became a member of my party choice, I was one when I first registered to vote. Then for some reason I had to declare one later down the line. I went with my current one because I liked most of their platforms and not all of the other one. It was a good fit. Sure I don't agree with EVERYTHING but my party is geared for the middle class.
I listen to the various shows of the Political Season. Hardball and Countdown. They both keep me well informed. Plus read Time and Newsweek magazine. I've tuned into all of the debates and know who I'm choosing.
Yet...in my email I still get people trying to persuade me to their thinking or these people "think" I think the same way as they do. I appreciate the ones who know what party I am of and they don't sway me. I don't intend to sway you either. I like it when in the most part I don't talk politics with people especially if they differ with me. But in the same breath I do love talking politics with the ones who agree.
I don't even talk to my brother, fearing that he doesn't think I like do. It just causes hurt feelings and bitter feelings. When I get emails from friends I have to delete them by the subject title. I just can't wait for this season to end.
I know there are people who are uninformed about certain political candidates religious values. They need to pick a paper or a book by said candidate and become more informed.
I am sick of the mud slinging between both parties and will be glad when it is over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment