Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"We need to put a String on that" (or a magnet)

L is always saying that phrase when he can't find something. Yesterday we were looking for a calculator, scissors, and a flashlight...among other things. We (kids, me and L) always use these things for various reasons and never put them back in the place where we found them. We leave them where we left off. Maybe we're just a little lazy. It takes too much of an effort to return them to the original place. This is why he says "We need to put a string on that."

This morning he couldn't find his flashlight or my lantern. I could hear him fumbling through the bedroom looking for some kind of light. I could hear my glasses moving around. I am a light sleeper. I suggested that he should turn on the TV that would give him a light. Then he said the phrase about the string. My mind immediately thought about ALL of these strings around the house attached to whatever (calculator, scissors, flashlights, Tv Remotes, etc.) and I could picture us tripping around on the strings. Then I thought those strings could get tangled, etc. Talk about not finding and item and getting tangled up looking for these items. I just had to laugh thinking about that.

While I was trying to work at church today I placed my carrier of stuff (windex, scrubbing bubbles, paper towels, soft scrub, sponge and toliet brush) on top of this green register. It wasn't secure enough and everything crashed to the floor. One big mess of liquid on the floor, plus the scrubbing bubbles cap shattered on the floor. Our local wood specialist and fix it guy, Paul, yelled, "Is everything okay." I didn't answer. He asked me again. I came out and told him about the accident.

So much for a string I needed a magnet to keep those things from falling/breaking.

What a day!

No comments: