Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Whoosh!

This week is going by fast, or at least it seems that way to me. On Friday we are going to see our first "Late Night" KU basketball preview. We are hoping that we can get up (get L up early anyway), and travel up there. We have a room there in Larrytown, we have our admission "ticket," cans of food for the food drive, and now we just need to insure ourselves a place in line. Bring our entertainment, warm clothes and wait until the doors open. Late Night has been going on for approximately 24 years now and yet after a lot of begging by S we are going to get in line to see our beloved new KU Jayhawks.

Gone will be our favorites Brandon Rush, Russell Robinson, Mario Chalmers, Sasha Kaun, Darnell Jackson, Jeremy Case, Rodrick Stewart, and Darrell Arthur. But the new kids will be there: Mario Little, Markeif and Marcus Morris, Quintrell Thomas, Tyrone Appleton, and Travis Releford. Then we will see some of our old favorites: Sherron Collins, Cole Aldrich, Conner Teahan, Tyrel Reed, Brady Morningstar, Matt Kleinmann, Brennan Bechard, and Chase Buford. Also we will see coaches, Joe Dooley, Danny Manning, new coach Brett Ballard, Kurtis Townsend, and head coach Bill Self.

We will hear the KU band, see the women's basketball team, and of course the skits! We will eat in the Fieldhouse from Pizza to Dippin Dots. Get our "Late night" T-shirts and whatever else is out there. It's always great to be in Lawrence.

S is looking forward on being a student out there too in three years...three short years. And they DO go by fast!
------
We went to see S's teachers at the HS last night. We were surprised that there weren't that many parents out there. We went out there late and it was raining a little bit, a chill in the air too, maybe that's why hardly anyone was there. We got to talk to the Geometry teacher. I like him, he seems willing to help if there is a problem and not at all like the Algebra teacher that she had to deal with last year. We are so thankful! We are hoping J could take Algebra from anyone but that teacher, he might have to take it in 8th grade just so he wouldn't have her.

For the most part, I really like S's teachers this year. The Debate teacher was her Forensics teacher last year, so we got to know him well. S's History teacher is married to the Debate/Forensics teacher, she's pretty knowledge about student behavior as well. I made reference that I think that both S and J should do well in Social Studies. I'm sure the History teacher couldn't figure out why I said that. (My degree is in History/Secondary Ed./English). I guess I will have to share this information later, so she won't think I'm one of those pushy parents. (Okay, maybe I am, a little). I like the Biology teacher, she explained things well to me and is a very nice person. S's English teacher, is pretty quiet and didn't say much. But, I'm used to "quiet people," like L. Still to meet is the Desktop Publishing teacher (he was coaching a vollyball game) and we still have to see the Spanish teacher.

Thursday we get to visit with J's teacher, Brad S. It should go pretty well. Then back out to the HS and pack.

We will be too excited to sleep Thursday night!

No comments: