Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Flood

Last night I was informed that some friends at my church had a broken pipe in their basement with over 5 feet of water. All of their important pictures and documents were completely wet/damaged. They brought their stuff to the church.

I saw pictures of their lives, documents, and cards when their boys were born; and pictures of a grandfather turning 101! Education records that they kept on their sons were ruined. It was horrible!

I thought about my own stuff that I have been keeping in my closets and downstairs. I can only imagine how it must feel drying everything out and saving about everything that was important to them and their family lives. I would be devestated to have this happen to me. I think of the stuff in my basement. If that happened to me I would lose a lot more as my bedroom is downstairs.

Please say a prayer for S and T! If you know them well call them and ask what you can do to help them.

No comments: