Halloween is tomorrow and usually I have my house decked out in wooden black cats, wooden pumpkins, or plastic pumpkins or at least something "halloweenish." The only thing "halloweenish" that I have is the candy for tomorrow. That's it. Boy! Am I ready for Halloween 08.
I think it's because S and J are older and they don't remind me. They don't say, "Mom where's the plastic pumpkin?" or "Why can't we get a real pumpkin?" No small little gourds either. I must sound like "The Grinch who stole Halloween!"
I'll be handing out the treats from my Target bags. Wow! I sure have the spirit.
When it's Thanksgiving I usually decorate the house with my stuffed turkey. Then I go a little out for decorating for Christmas. I don't do the whole 9 yards thing by decorating the outside of the house with lights. We never have done this. Oh, but we love (just L and me now) to drive around town to see everyone with their lights on their houses.
The older the kids get the less I decorate. Must be the sign of the times, or something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment