J is doing the shot put. It's about the only great picture I have of him during field day. He took first in this event. Now for the rest of the story, he was the only participant in his grade for this event. Two other boys (Travis and Eric) reported out sick for the day so they could have been in this event too. Scotty Mc was in the background along with Neyma helping with the event. Scotty is a nice kid. I've known him since his pre-school days with S.For the rest of Field Day, J's friend S took first in discus. He's a big kid for just a 5th grade student. He has a good future in wrestling (like his uncle had a few years back). J was in the long jump against Seth and of course, Mr. Athletic took first. J took third.
Then J was to do the 100 meter run. I told him he should be waiting in line instead of on the bleachers eating someones sunflower seeds. So then his event was called they had to run quickly over to the starting place. By the time he got there he was tired, or so I figure. Either that or it's all in the shoes. J's shoes that he was wearing was not his gym shoes, but these tired old black shoes that we've tried to wean him off from wearing. These things have been through the mud, wet weather, and even dog chewed. The heels are not even. I don't know how he even walks on them. He would have done better going shoeless. We bought him some new shoes and they are very nice looking and athletic looking, but he only saves those for special ocassions!! Go figure. So here he was at the starting line and I thought for sure he could beat Bryce, but nooooo!! Mr. Athletic, Seth took first followed by Alphonse, Bryce, someone else (probably even Kyle) and then J takes 4th. I KNOW he can run better, but today he doesn't.
S thinks J should go out for track when he is in 7th grade. I think he should too. It is good to be a little more physical and a lot less couch potato.
1 comment:
Hey, nice shot! :)
Post a Comment