Tonight, I discovered what you need to "stockpile" on hand because I live in a small town. All the stores (the one) closes at 8 pm on weeknights and 6 pm on the weekends. If you are needing a certain item quick then you are just out of luck! You need to make sure that you have certain items in your house. As I write this, it dawns on me that I should have bought a certain breakfast item (in particular, a certain brand) earlier today.
When you live in a town, like Wellington or Wichita, that has a Wal-mart you have the convenience of being able to go anytime of the day. At least this is true in Wichita. So instead of waiting 10 hours for the store to open you could get your product and be on your merry way. But living in the small town you have to plan ahead.
By the time that someone told me they need this particular item the store, of course, was closed. I asked around and said, "Do you think Dom's would have it?" I pulled up to the store and noticed that they had a lot of items. A truck map, cough drops, paper towels, a variety of soft drinks, coffee, the ever important chocolate candy, potato chips, cold food stuff, charcoal bricketts, but NOT this particular item (scrapbook granny, you know what I'm talking about!). You can definitely tell this store was owned by men because the "product" wasn't available.
I can't imagine why it would not be available! Maybe I should have checked the "Women's room," perhaps if I put 50 cents in the machine one would pop out. Okay, in my day at school it was a mere 25 cents. I never thought to look there.
What struck me was why would anyone consider charcoal bricketts was an "emergency" item!? Comon, now what are you going to say, "Darn, the luck I was going to have a cookout tonight but I don't have any charcoal to start my BBQ. Oh wait, maybe they will have it at Dom's. Oh what luck!!" Yeah, right, I'm going to go right down there to buy my bricketts. Now that's an EMERGENCY!! Hey, just deal with it guys!
Guys have no clue what is considered a real emergency!!
( Thanks Scrapbook granny for the Emergency stash!) ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment