Tuesday, May 13, 2008

It's a Dirty Job (but why do I have to do it?)

No. I am not talking about cleaning at church. It's at home.

Once we took the job at church we have strived to keep that cleaned up weekly, if not daily. We put a lot of attention into that job. But when it comes to my own house, I just let that go. Maybe it's because I get paid at the church and no one is paying me at my house. But there is a lesson to be learned here. We need to give our house just as much attention as church (work) because if you don't you'll pay for it.

If you let things go and no one else in the house does it, then things don't get clean and it can get dirty. Really dirty!! Then you have to do some heavy duty cleaning. If you just keep up things daily then housework is quite an easy thing to maintain. If you don't you pay.

I'm paying. Today I tackled the bathroom walls using that toxic smell of Tilex. If you love the smell of strong chlorine then this stuff would smell great! It's horrible. I am using a fan to ventilate currently in there. I put on my non-latex gloves, had a pollen mask on, wished I had goggles over my glasses, old clothes and put a chair inside the tub. I sprayed the wall a couple of times. Caution, you do NOT want to do this. Once is quite sufficient! Spray the stuff once, rub, step out of the room and catch your breath. Then go back and do it again. I panic as I feel the chair sliding in the tub. I stop as I don't want to crack a bone in a slick tub. L can finish the part that I didn't get to, he's taller.
-------
Once we get this cleaned up then we will look forward to getting a ventilation fan in the bathroom and repainting that room. We fondly call the bathroom our "John Deere" bathroom. We currently have a greenish color at the base and a yellow color above along with our KU shower curtain. It doesn't exactly match!

That's another problem. I prefer blue but S is sick of seeing blue. We have blue in both bedrooms, the kitchen, and laundry room. Then to top it off the exterior of the house is blue. Wonder what my favorite color is? Oh, yeah the van is blue too! So are my eyes.

When we first remodeled the bathroom we had a teal and white floor and had teal on the base and a light version of green on the top. Frankly, I am sick of seeing green, any rate that type. I've seen this for a least 16 years or so. It's time for a change in the bathroom. Actually I'd like to paint the living room and kitchen as well. Then pretty soon it will be time to paint the exterior of the house.

Now if everyone could just decide what color to change things to then that would be easy! Ha!

1 comment:

flute4peace said...

Hey, I need to get me some of that stuff! What is it and where do you get it? I could use a heavy duty cleaning over here (that's an understatement!).

My Mom loves blue, too. I think you should do your bathroom in one of the funky bath ensembles they have at Wallyworld nowadays. They've got some neat stuff and it's not all that expensive!