You would think that this would be a perfect topic for Thanksgiving day, however, our pastor challenged us to make a list of a least 25 things we are thankful for. I suppose that I could make it stretch to 25 as I am clumping many items together. When Pastor Bob said make a list my mind went immediately to blog mode.
Okay here's my partial list (no particular order and not in David Letterman style)
What I am thankful for:
1. Good health--A lot of people my age have died before they turned 50. I know I few who had car accidents after high school and they are gone. People have died of heart attacks, drownings, and cancer. I thank God everyday for my health. I do have minor problems, but not like some people!
2. Good marriage--Some of my friends have had divorces. I have heard that they have rotten spouses too. Sometimes they cheat on their spouse or beat them up. I am thankful for L everyday.
3. Good life--Even though we are not rich and can't go very many places I still thank God for our life. Even though we may have a few economic hardships from time to time, we are not so bad off. Some people are on welfare and live in way worse conditions that we do.
4. Nice Family life--I was fortunate not to marry someone who drank or smoke. My core family is the best! We may have arguements from time to time but I have seen worse situations in others lives. I am glad that God has kept our family life good and healthy. Thank you God!!
5. Thankful for my children--I never thought I would get married and finally have children. Some of my friends didn't have children. I feel bad for them. Some may have wanted children and others didn't get married. Children are a blessing! We still have disagreements but we all work together to provide a great home for them and hopefully they will carry these lessons on when they are older.
6. Thankful for feeling safe--When I was younger I remember driving on ice and I hit a patch of black ice. The car crossed traffic and it went over a ditch, up next to a power pole. During this time I closed my eyes. When it was over, my friend and I were safe in the car. Other accidents, such as the deer one (about 4 years ago) God protected us as well. It could have been a lot worse. Thank you God!
7. Thankful for housing--Some people are not as fortunate as we are living in a house. Often times they are on the street wondering where they will be sleeping each day.
8. Thankful for freedoms that other countries do not have--A lot of time I think we take for granted that we do have the ability to worship where we want and how we want. We have the freedom of choice. I thank God that I do live here and not in a country that does not have the same freedoms.
9. Thankful for God loving me--No matter how bad I might screw up!
10. Thankful that there are no wars where I live
11. Thankful for the life I have lived so far
12. Thankful for my extended family--I am thankful for my background. My parents were great as well as my grandmother and other close relatives. I am thankful for my inlaws.
13. Thankful for good friends--I have had some great friends throughout my life. When I was younger living back in my neighborhood, junior high and high school friends, college friends, work friends in Wichita, and now my church friends and local friends. They are the best!! Thanks to God for bringing these great people my way. They have helped shaped who I am.
14. Thankful for my job--Sometimes (okay, a lot of the times) I may complain. But I need to be reminded how nice it is to have a job. I remember the days where I didn't and I felt so empty. I wanted to do things but I couldn't. Thank you God!!
15. Thankful for my pets
I know there are probably more things to be thankful for and I will probably add these on another blog. But this is just a start. What are you thankful for? Let's share. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a beautiful list!!! We do have a lot to be thankful for, don't we!!!
Post a Comment