I was looking through the CHS website yesterday. On there it said, "See you back in August." There was the starting date...August 14th!!! WHAT??? That's a little early. I originally thought we had 13 weeks off, but we had 12 weeks off of school. It seems as though school is starting earlier each year. I thought we were starting August 21st and had scheduled an orthodonist appointment for J that week. "Oh yeah, that'll be good. He won't miss school." He would have missed school. So I rescheduled that appointment for a week earlier.
We all know what time Wally World will be putting out their latest school supplies most likely right after the 4th of July. I've already seen fireworks at Dillons this week.
Later on I find the old school calendar of last year. Huh? We did start pretty early last year too, so I guess this is just par to start now.
When my mom went to school (now that was in the dark ages!) She didn't start until after Labor Day and they still got off in May. When I went to school there was no such thing as spring break for us until I hit college. If you live in Oregon, they start after Labor Day and school ends for them in mid-June. Either way you look at it everyone has to deal with hot weather.
-----
The price of gas is ridiculously high in Harper. At Doms it is 3.99 a gallon and at the other place it was 10 cent cheaper. When we went to Wichita on Tuesday it was 3.72 a gallon. When we got there in the afternoon the price was at 3. 73 and when it was after 5 it dropped a penny! We saw the long lines at the Dillons because if you have a Dillons card it can be even lower than the reported price of 3.72. I checked online for gas price back west. There is still no way that we can vacation in Oregon. Darn! It is at least 60 cents higher than it was last year at this time. It makes me wonder what the price of gas will be next year?? Very scary!
----
So much for a summer vacation!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment