An announcement was made at church that a person was in need of meals because she was still recovering from surgery. So I got a call on Sunday to ask to make a meal for this person. Now, I have only done this once before so I wasn't sure what to do. I asked the person on the phone, "So like what do you bring?" She told me what she brought and another person brought. So I started to think what could I bring. You know sometimes you think "oh why did they ask me? and "What do I have to offer?" But you can't turn people down (and probably shouldn't) so I accepted my assignment.
I thought if I were in that situation what would I like to eat? So I made meat loaf, potatoes, biscuits (a double batch so my family could have some too), and chocolate chip cookies (again, a double batch). The only thing I didn't bring was a fruit or drinks. I enjoyed doing the cooking as it was a gloomy day anyway, so it really wasn't hard to do. That evening "S" and I brought it over to her. We talked with her and she was so appreciative of us bringing food. She told us about her surgery and we talked about the storm sirens of yesterday and how hard it was for her to get around. I was very glad that I helped this person. She ended up being a blessing for me. Thank you to "H" for calling me.
-----------------
Second thought....I called up our family doctor to get referred to an ENT. The receptionist said, "Has doctor seen him before?" And I'm thinking, "Well, yeah, he delivered "J" and that's partially why we named J the way we did." But I said, "Yeah." She says, "How long ago?" So I'm thinking..."well I don't know 2 years ago?" The receptionist, "Ma'am it's been 4 years." I answered, "REALLY...I had no idea it was THAT long ago!!" J was just 6 years old the last time the doctor checked him. Sure we had taken him with us when other people were getting looked over. Maybe our doctor will get to the root of J's problem. I've known my doctor for nearly twenty-four years, he is a good Christian man. He often tells us about his sons. Both of them are autistic. He often talks about when his sons grow old and how life will be for them. It's not a bright picture.
------------------
Sometimes people hurt you unintentionally. I had a close friend (at that time) who did that. It's tough to forgive them because of their words. It still stings. She said I had "too much time on my hands," because I basically didn't have a job. Maybe she was jealous. Ha! This friend is no longer a "close" friend. She's a friend and an acquaintance but I don't consider her one of my "close" friends anymore. "Close" friends shouldn't do that to one another.
-------------------
Work beckons! Have a great day everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ooh, YUM! I think I'll have some surgery so you'll make me some meatloaf. Sounds really good!
I hope you can find some answers to J's problems. Will you be able to get in to the specialist soon?
I'm sorry your friend hurt you. I know how that feels. *hug*
I can pass the recipe on to you Flute. It's an easy recipe.
I hope our doc in W town can help us some. If he can't figure it out, I know he will send us to a specialist.
Thanks for the hug. :-)
Post a Comment