Friday, May 18, 2007

Dentist/pharmacy Friday

Well I had planned to not see the dentist until at least the last of June. I saw him today. I have had pain in my jaw. It wasn't the tooth that they wanted to crown. It was in another one. But, they couldn't find the problem. X rays were taken and they found nothing. So I am on a course of antibiotics, for a week.

I went to the other office in the other W town nearby. "R" saw me and was glad to see me. I hadn't seen her since S and J were under 5 years old! So it had been a while...as I was trying to recall what she looked like, etc.., without appearing stupid and thinking, "now who is she again?" So I talked to her and said S was graduating from 8th grade on Monday. WOW time flies...(and so does my memory of R). R used to work in A town office and hasn't been out there in quite a while, thus my lapse of memory of her.

I went to the Pharmacy and remembered to tell them my allergy to penecillin. So L and I walked around the Wally World. We hadn't been in that one for quite awhile. It looked like a busy Alco in A town, still quite small. We recalled when S and J would walk around in the toy aisles and they were afraid of getting lost. Finally my prescription was ready. We paid for it and they didn't tell me what kind of drug I was getting. I have a lot of different allergies and was sure that they weren't going to give me this one drug. I open the sack in the car and say, "Oh no, I can't take this!! " It was Keflex. I KNEW I couldn't have that one. So we went back and told them I couldn't take this one. I just assumed that was in my profile that I was allergic to Keflex...it was not. I felt like an idiot that I FORGOT to tell the pharmacist that allergy! Duh! Finally we (me and the dentist assistant) settled on an antibiotic that I COULD take. So we waited another 15 minutes for them to fill the prescription. I am so hard to please....or just too many allergies. I know my regular MD knows all of my allergies so that's why it slipped my mind.

What a day! The Keflex was cheaper than the one I got...oh well. The Keflex pills were HUGE too! So we had a lovely eat-in the car meal provided by Mickey D's and drove back to H town.

I just hope that I don't need a crown over there too and hope these antibiotics knock out the infection...wherever that is!

3 comments:

S♥ said...

Well at least you got that taken care of! Lol, and I do remember when I got lost in Wal-Mart :P

MB said...

Yep! I could imagine me bringing an ice pack to graduation and having "chipmunk cheeks"! I was afraid I would feel REALLY BAD if I didn't get something done today.

flute4peace said...

Wow, that could have been bad! I'm glad you noticed before you took one, and before you drove all the way home.

Sorry I've been scarce the past few days. Been busy, I guess. Haven't been online as much.