Monday, May 28, 2007

Updates....

I finally had L look at my Dead Dirt Devil Vac today. He turned it on and I pointed out the frayed cord and he felt like he could fix it. Then, he turned it on and noticed there was no sucking action. He turned it over and found a crack hose, so the air was going out the other way. Then he found the front of it and said that it was cracked too. He said, "Yep, we need a new one." Then he took it outside throwing it in the junk pile. You could hear the plastic cracking even further!

----
I found out why he's not wanting a barbecue. He's not sure how much we would use it. I think we would use it a lot more than that traditional charcoal barbecue thing. At least more than 4 times during the year. I'll be working on him in the next few weeks....after we find that vac.
-----
I think things just naturally wear out. The Dirt Devil was about 9 years old, we gave it plenty of use. We also have a fridge and a dishwasher that's near 11 years old!! I look at the dishwasher and wonder when that will give out because of the hard water. We owned another fridge that didn't even last 10 years.
--------
Which appliance do we need more/use more? Life is full of priorities.

2 comments:

flute4peace said...

The C-land down the road from you has some awesome grills for sale (although I'd have to take out a 2nd mortgage to buy one, LOL). We have a propane grill and LOVE it! It is very, very handy. I guarantee if you get one you'll use it a lot because of it's convenience. Watch for clearance sales and etc. - you really don't have to spend a lot.

I just got a new vacuum recently, too. It's a Eureka Power Plus. It sucks circles around my older, much more expensive one. And it's got some sort of self-propelled thing in it which makes it much easier to push around. I got it at Walmart.

Looks like you might get to go shopping! :)

MB said...

Thank you! I wondered what kind of vac you had, since you said it was pretty good and cheap! :) Hope it's not noisy!! The dirt devil sounded like a loud chain saw!

Didn't know C-land had grills. I will look out for the sales. I think we would use the grill a lot more than L thinks. Propane is the way to go, imho!
TY!