Thursday, May 17, 2007

Post 100

This is my 100th post!! WOW! Maybe I should do something special for my 100th post. Hey, L, how about a new vacuum cleaner!!

I dream big.

No, not really. :) About the dreaming big part....but yes I need a new vacuum cleaner at home. I can no longer put the plastic cover on it and make it fit tight. The cord is frayed in places and the plug is loose. So I wiggle the plug and see a spark. A real safe appliance, huh?

When I first got the "Dirt Devil" it would suck up anything and EVERYTHING. Things I didn't want sucked up like shoe laces and pieces of blankets and socks. Now the vac doesn't even get a piece of tape on the floor it puffs out the dust in front. The handle release doesn't work either. If I stop vacuuming it just collapses on the floor! I can't remember how old this thing is, maybe 10 years old or less. I liked it because it was very light weight. Now it's very annoying especially when I want to vacuum up dirt it just doesn't have the power anymore. And isn't it nice to have more power!! (think Tim Allen from "Home Improvement" here).

"L" promises me that he can fix it. (sigh!) I'd like a new one.

Here's a thrifty thought we could just take up all of the carpets in the house and have hardwood floors with throw rugs. No more scaring the cat or having the kids close their doors when I start up the Dirt Devil, no more noise . Just cold floors in the winter time. Afterall, my carpets are aging and old, that just might be more than a thought. It wouldn't cost anything and it might look good at that. It would feel good in the summer, but not so much in the winter!

Hmm...I wonder which brand of vac I should get this time? Oh well...

2 comments:

S♥ said...

Hmmm..it's been bad for awhile.Get one that's quieter and works better. Idk what kind though!

flute4peace said...

I got a new one recently for only about $40 and it's FANTASTIC! I really didn't realize how bad the other one was, and it was one of those expensive ones (well, expensive for me).