Last night on the blog I said that 60% of the town of Greensburg was destroyed, now as daylight breaks it seems like there is even more destruction. On TV stations they report that the junior high and high schools are destroyed. The people of Greensburg are being evacuated out of their town so the National Guard can go door to door to make sure everyone is accounted for. Also towns of Ellinwood, Claflin, and Macksville were hit. I have a friend in Macksville and hope and pray that his family is fine.
This tornado that hit Greensburg had so much power that now it has moved up into Nebraska. To add insult to injury, there is a possibility of more storms in that area and possibly mine. These people have since moved to shelters outside of Greensburg. Watching news reports I saw entire trees looking like toothpicks and uprooted, houses destroyed, buildings made of brick demolished...just unreal!
I've heard that fire departments as far east as Miami County, KS (a county near the Missouri, Oklahoma border) has come to help. I'll bet that flute's "J" is out there too.
I also worry about the people's pets who are lost, afraid, and homeless now too. I can only imagine about my own pets in that situation. How we would make sure the cat was in his carrier and the dog (who is afraid of basements and storms) would have to be in the bathroom.
Did I mention? I do not like tornadoes. I often think I'd like to move out of this state, but we can't because of job obligations, schools, church and friends.
Here's hoping the people in those communities that were hit by the tornadoes last night are okay. This much I know, their nerves are frayed. Mine are just thinking about what happened to them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment