Friday, June 8, 2007

Environmental factors

Now I am worried (heck, I think I was born to worry) about my neighbor's smoke stack. Granted it's not running this summer but I have to put up with it in the winter. Smoke billowing over the house and the smell of it permeates the walls in the house. I know I've blogged over this before....but regarding my health problems, I hope that this stuff isn't slowly worsening my health problems.

There are several solutions to this problem. The neighbors could heat their house like everyone else and take this stack down. We could move into another neighborhood. They could move away and take the smoke stack with them. Or we could possibly put siding on the house. The important thing is that we've lived here longer and never had problems until they set up the stack. Why do we have to correct what they've done? S doesn't want us to move, at least not for another 4 years. I wish there was an easy solution to the problem. But there's not.

3 comments:

S♥ said...

Maybe when they start running it again, we can tell the city. AGAIN. I get sick the smoke too. Or sue them. Lol, just kidding. But something better be done...

MB said...

Amen! Because everything was "clean air" around here until they stuck that thing up!

flute4peace said...

If they're still in violation of the city code, you really need to discuss it with the city council -not the clerk and not just "a" council member - get on the agenda and make a presentation to the council, especially if your doctor can prove that the emmissions from the smoke stack are contributing to your health problems. That's the only way that you can get on the record that you have concerns. It really upsets J when people (not you specifically, but people in general) complain about "the city wouldn't do anything" when they haven't even come to a meeting to discuss it yet. You might also talk to the fire chief and ask him if he's inspected it.