Northing like having, a sore throat, coughing, and laryngitis! I think I picked up my friend's "flute's" sickness over the Internet! (JK!)
This kind of stuff usually hits me in the fall and winter. But here it is the first of June and I've got it. I've already downed a Claritin and I'm going to load up on the orange juice. And, if you can believe it, I'm resting my voice. Ha! Okay, a little resting it. Using it only to talk to the cat, the dog, my son, and scream at a huge black spider.
I'm no stranger to laryngitis. I always seem to have that. I used to get it bad when I worked for the telephone company as an operator. The doctor would tell me not to use it and yet the phone company said I had to. So I took disability for a whole week. If I was smart back then, I should have taken it for a whole month! But no, when my week was up I was back on the job. I know a friend of mine who would take disability at the drop of a hat and she got by with it! Lucky girl. But the management liked her.
-------
Because of the weather last night, I couldn't settle down until late. I was thinking about "S" and wondered if she was in her tonado shelter at camp, or wondered about how she liked sweat camp, and wished she could text message me. But I couldn't. I told her to leave the phone at home (camp policy, not to take electronic devices). So I'm sure that when she is done with camp she will want to get in contact with the rest of her world.
-------
There is an outdoor wedding tomorrow at sunset. If the weather holds out it should be beautiful. I'm planning on going that is if this cough doesn't ruin their wedding. I think I'll hang out in the back! :) Good luck to J and L!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We went out to the wedding site Wed. and it's absolutely STUNNING! Well, it was until the storm last night, anyway. I'm sure they'll be doing some repairs today. Every time I heard the hail hit last night I just cringed. P's plants were soooo beautiful!
I was worried about the kids at camp, too. K2 gets especially scared of storms. They've got two very nice shelters there, and they're pretty vigilant about watching the weather, so I'm sure they're fine.
Sorry you got sick. It's no fun.
I'm just "hacking" away here...I've been watching the storm clouds and hope that it clears for J and L's wedding.
It'll probably be a big muddy mess at camp this afternoon...oh boy!
Camp was really fun, and we just went in our cabins before it rained. They were good about that.
Post a Comment