Yesterday a stray cat was curled up on our porch in front. I approached it and it had a low meow. I was thinking, "Yuk, this cat is mad."
So the cat ran quickly over to my neighbor's flower area and meowed at me. I was encouraging the dogs to bark it out of the yard. But then I knelt down and the kitty purred. He was in need of some love. By then S came out and saw him. No matter where we sat this cat would sit on our lap, purring and loving us. The cat was starved for love and food. We fed him. Cardinal rule number one, if you want a stray to leave do not feed him! So we violated that rule...oops! We opened the door and our indoor cat looked at the outdoor cat. In the evening, we didn't see the outdoor cat anymore.
Until....this morning! Poor little thing was curled up. So what did I do? Violated Cardinal rule number one again!! I fed him and left him alone. He didn't want to be alone. So he followed me to the backyard and saw our number one pet, our dog. So he had a "tango" with our dog. Well, when the animals don't get along with each other, the one that's not supposed to be here leaves. So I picked up the stray (which by now we called RussRob) and tossed him over the fence.
Cardinal rule number 2...never name a stray! We broke that rule too. Later one RR made friends with the dog and vice versa. So again the cat was making himself at home and wanted to come in the house. Nope, not going to happen!
S checked her clothes and saw a small tick. We figured it belonged to RR which we've now changed his name to JR (as in JR Giddings).
I liked to see this cat go on his merry way. That's the trouble with outdoor cats...stray bugs and pests. I think we need to be unadopted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment