Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Waiting for Results

Waiting for test results can be tedious at best! You tell yourself you are not worried, but actually you probably are.

Today I was in for a test and it was taking forever! Or so it seemed. I did the test then we had to do it over again, like a couple of times. UGH!! Ladies, you know about the vice machine test, right? That one, yep. They tell you not to breathe...who could? The x-ray person reminded me of someone from church...so that helped. Finally after three take overs she was done and now I had to wait for the results. There were three boring magazines in the rack. So I looked over each of them carefully. Sigh! No results. Then I picked up another magazine and started playing with the stickers, as apparently the person before me did. That kept my mind off of things. Then I started thinking about someone I knew when we were kids growing up, who had died of cancer and she was a couple years younger than me. No...I didn't want to go there. Things were probably fine.

Finally, the x-ray tech came back and I had to go to yet another waiting room. Well, by this time I was bored and knew this was taking kind of long. I started texting S in the other waiting room. Finally she answered and we started having a conversation. Then my name was called and the other technician looked like my old vet's wife. I layed there on the table and watched the clock...it was 18:88. I kept watching it. It never moved off those numbers. Probably a good thing, because it would drive me crazy to know how many minutes I was waiting for this test to start and end.

She took pictures...this test much easier than the vice test. After a few minutes I was okayed to go.

The family, meanwhile. were going bonkers. They could only take so much looking at the big fish tank, or going to the hospital gift shop. When we were leaving, we turned to another hall and they saw the sign "Edy's," and they remarked, "If we would have seen that then we wouldn't have been bored."

LOL!! So they would have had fun at the hospital cafeteria! Guess I'll have to remind them that the next time!

1 comment:

flute4peace said...

That sounds like a frustrating wait. I hope everything comes back clear!